7.25.2006

You put the R in Retarded

Horoscopes For Today: 7/25/2006
If you've been waiting for a jump start to your social life, today brings good news! All signs point to a fantastic new beginning. Things might not be quite ready to move forward today, but they'll start soon. It's all about moving slowly but surely, so remember what they say -- anything worth having is worth waiting for. Luckily, a big payoff is due today in another area of your life,
and it's one you should share. In fact, you would be wise to build a group social event around it.

Ironic, since I'm feeling more and more inclined to not have a social life. No group social event sounds even remotely entertaining or enjoyable. I just want to c-h-i-l-l.

I'm really effin' sleepy.

My car is disgustingly trashed from the little trip to the beach -- spent 20 minutes this morning dumping garbage out of it. After I tossed out all the water bottles and food wrappers it looked even worse. The girls got food crumbs everywhere in the backseat. At least the garbage covered it up. School starts tomorrow...hopefully my internet will be up and running by the time I get home so I don't start the quarter out by missing a lecture first thing. It's just an little pre-req for the school, not something I care about, but might as well get it out of the way correctly and it has to be completed before the start of the quarter. The lectures for the rest of my classes are on Sundays so tonite is the only thing I have to worry about for now. I have a partner-in-crime passed out on my couch waiting for the cable guy to come and fix it all. Hopefully it will go smoooooothly.

So...sometime last week I went to Arco Arena to see the Lippanzer Stallions with Aislin. We had tickets to the suite and were the only people who went. So it was me, her, and the entire suite all to ourselves. We sat on the balcony and left the lights off inside (because it's polite...). About 15 minutes after we sat down a security guard came up to us to and checked my ticket. I had no problem with this. He checked it, radioed his supervisor that the ticket was OK and then left. 10 minutes later he came back. I was annoyed at this point and again, he checked my ticket and then called down to his supervisor to tell him that the ticket was fine (keep in mind that you HAVE to have the correct ticket to enter a suite -- the door is unlocked with the barcode on your ticket.) He left again. A few more minutes pass and he returns again, with another guard. First, they ask that I sit inside the suite instead of on the balcony. I asked why. He said he didn't know. I asked if he was making everyone in the arena on the balcony sit inside. He said no. I refused to move. The other guard that came with him took my ticket and pointed out that I was supposed to be in seats 1 and 2. I told him there are no seat numbers in a suite something he should know if he worked there. He agreed but took my tickets down to his supervisor. Before he returned with my ticket a third guard approached me and I totally went off on him before he even had a chance to say boo. Eventually, they gave me my ticket back and said everything was fine, but I was so annoyed by this point that we left about 30 minutes later.

This morning when I got to work I had voicemail from Phillip MacDougall, the Sacramento Kings Director of Season Ticket Services (quite a title, eh?). We played phone tag for a bit, but when I finally spoke to him he was very apologetic which was cool. I'm pretty easy going and so I told him that if something would have been explained to me or made sense about the problems (apparently the horses were spooked by people on the sides of the arena) then I would have been A-OK, but everyone was rude and acted like I didn't belong there because I was alone in a suite that I've been in numerous times. So -- he is supposedly mailing me a $50 gift card to the Kings store (present for my mom I guess...) and wants to 'put me and my friends in a suite for a Monarch's game and buy us all dinner'. I don't care for the Monarch's but free food and a suite for my friends is awesome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell him you want kings tickets instead and your friend "Shawn" will be free that night.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

He said he would have given me Kings tickets but since the season doesn't start anytime soon he offered me the Monarch's tickets...

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home